Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 10 V disappointment - what are my rights?

profile.country.GB.title
Stephanana
New

Sony Xperia 10 V disappointment - what are my rights?

Hi,

I saved to buy a new phone and always used to have Sony/Xperia phones - my XA1 still works well, but is not supported - so I decided to purchase the 10 V based on the limited offical reviews I found. I feel like I have been misled and feel like an idiot as I now have uncovered so many negative issues shared on forums about just how poor this device is, and I am KICKING myself for believing the official reviews. I suffer with health issues and struggle with cognition, so I find hours of research exhausting and tend to TRUST reviews, yet wish I had dug deeper...

I am utterly disappointed in this phone after only less than a month of use, and I am not a heavy user of games/media/socials. The processor is shockingly bad, eveything is slow, glitchy, freezes, crashes...it even feels really cheap and plasticky. The screen refresh is awful and the speakers are cheap. It feels like a really cheap and nasty phone that you'd pay £60 on Argos for. Not £300!! Sony! What happened?

I have requested a return for this device as it is not usable and I can't believe that I saved hard to buy this phone, when it is terrible..it took me a few months of flogging items on eBay to justify this purchase .

Sony have accepted the return as it is within 30days, but I only want a refund, so I want to know what my rights are to enforce this - I am seeking advice in case I have a battle on my hands. I do NOT want it checked/repaired/replaced as I have read enough now to know that this is not an isolated incident, but a major issue with the quality of the phone:( What are my rights? I cannot deal with a situation when I am offered the same phone again, or they claim there is no fault and send it back. I want to return it and be refunded as it is not fit for purpose. I am currently checking legislation on rights regarding matters such as this, but if anyone has been through similar and had to return their phone, I'd appreciate some words, please...

The phone is immaculate as I have hardly used it as it infuriates me so much - I have relied on an old Samsung S10.

Finally, which older Sony Xperia is worth buying, please? I am looking at some older models (new/sealed) from 2017-2019. I am mindful of 4G v 5G but I just want a decent phone to keep me going until 4G goes for good, so lack of 5G is not a problem.

Thank you ,

Still a Sony Fan...just not of the 10V...

0 REPLIES 0