Join now - be part of our community!

No accent colors and icon shape in 55.2.A.0.630?

profile.country.HU.title
SonyXP5
Explorer

No accent colors and icon shape in 55.2.A.0.630?

I just got an update to Android 11 (55.2.A.0.630). Now the options to change accent color and icon shapes are gone  from developer mode and not accessible anywhere else. This is extremely annoying and should be fixed as Android 11 normally allows to change this under "Wallpapers and styles" from home screen which is also not featured in this firmware. SONY, please...

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

So you can access the developer options mode , but you can't find the accent color in the list?

profile.country.HU.title
SonyXP5
Explorer

Unfortunately this is the case. It was always available there in previous versions, but no longer.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I think you can try to do a force restart for the device and check if the same issue will be there or not. Also try the safe mode step and check if it will be the same way during the safe mode or not. If that didn't work, you can go for factory data reset the device and check if the option will be restored after that or not.

profile.country.HU.title
SonyXP5
Explorer

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. A simple restart did not help. I have also noticed that 'reboot to safe mode' is no longer offered like in previous versions, when keeping the power button pressed :slight_smile: Nevertheless, booted to safe mode from other menu - problem not solved. I prefer not to do a factory reset for now, I have seen others reporting the same issue, i.e. that this was removed from this version. Are you 100% sure this should be there in the current firmware version?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, according to the "What's new after Android 11 " article that has been released , it wasn't mentioned that anything will be changed or removed in the developer options, so that's why I am suggesting the factory data reset in case it's a glitch after the update, it could be rectified by the factory data reset or the software repair by the Xperia Companion.

profile.country.HU.title
SonyXP5
Explorer

Thanks, that's interesting. I understand a newer firmware update is already being rolled out and once I get that will see if that will fix it. Otherwise will try the factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You're most welcome and good luck.

profile.country.HU.title
SonyXP5
Explorer

Update received today, same issue. Meanwhile I saw several other threads that say the same, so I am afraid we need to live with this.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to do the factory data reset before receiving the update?