Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 5 III battery

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Sony Xperia 5 III battery

Hello. 

I bought a new Xperia 5 III. Model is XQ-BQ72. I bought it as in 'like new' condition on Ebay. Owner told me that he/she used it only four times. I have installed AccuBattery application to check and monitor battery health. It said from the beginning that designed battery capacity was about 4300, that is when according to the official information it should be 4500. When I changed these numbers manualy, now it says that my battery health is about 97%. On my previous Xperia X Compact as I remember, it said correct capacity 2700 and after 4 years of active usage, battery health was about 90%.

Do you use this app? Can you help me with some your knowladge and experiance? Also, If you have this smartphone, does your phone has some sound when you turn on camera app and then turn it off? Also, during restarting? 

4 REPLIES 4
Falconer
New

Hi. I also have the same model and the accubattery is already new. The battery condition never went above 96%. It is true that I only charge it to 80% each time. I have charged it 15 times so far.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Soso_M4, AccuBattery is supposed to be accurate. I'd also recommend trying different battery health app to compare the numbers such as Battery Monitor or Battery Guru: Monitor & Saver. 

Regarding the sound issue, what does it sound like? Is it a click sound? 

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Dear @Falconer 

Hello. Thank you very much for your reply! It gave me some relief.

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Dear @Piscie 

Hello. Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

Regarding the sound, yes. It sounds like clicking. As I have read in some post through the web, it should be camera sound. Somebody was saying that camera lenses are moving during that time. Do you know, is this correct?