Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 5ii dead? won't turn on after restarting by itself a few times

profile.country.GB.title
Profusionuk1
Explorer

Sony Xperia 5ii dead? won't turn on after restarting by itself a few times

Argh don't know what to do. 

I was going on my phone there was at least 30% battery on it and all of a sudden it kept restarting about 6 times each time the start up screen with Sony Logo looked corrupt, phone got warm but not hot. Then it just turned off and now won't turn on at all. 

I tried pressing reset. Then pressed volume down button with power button for 2 minutes, nothing. Tried charging it no charging light coming up, tried a different charger still nothing. 

Is my phone dead? Or can it be recovered? 

I don't know if any of this was the issues causing the crash but I did the software update the other day to the latest update and my storage was at 92% capacity usedand SD card at 98% used. I had noticed since the update my phone been slow on getting going. 

Any help ASAP appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Profusionuk
Explorer

Also tried to charge my dead phone but no charging light is coming on either.

Piscie
Community Team

I assume this is a software glitch. I'd recommend trying a software repair, it might sort this out.

Hello!

I'd a problem with Xperia 5 dual last month in eaaranty time. No charging with any charger, no charging light and 0% power. After 2 days i try it again. Charging light for a short time, Sony logo and than all off!

I send my phone to service (warranty) and they changed mainboard and within 4 workingdays I get it back.

Very fast service (https://www.w-support.com/)!

So I think your phone must be repaired.

profile.country.GB.title
Profusionuk
Explorer

Unfortunately it didn't work for me (my computer also stopped working at near same time as my phone and only got my pc fixed other day) I did all the steps: device disconnected from computer, turn off your device and wait for 5 seconds (can't do it because no power), press hold down volume key and whilst holding ih connect device but the application never automatically came up.

Thank you for the suggestion but I think I will send my phone is for a repair. 

profile.country.GB.title
Profusionuk
Explorer

Oh I'm glad your phone works now I am definitely going to send it in for repair now! I miss using the camera apps so much.

Do you think your phone stopped working from updating your phone to the latest software update?