Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi Calling on Android 12

profile.country.GB.title
BillyBong11

WiFi Calling on Android 12

Hi 

My Xperia 5 ii has just updated to Android 12 and I have lost WiFi calling.  Due to lack on network signal where I live I rely on WiFi calling. 

I have checked my network (Vodafone) and I still have WiFi calling enabled, but when I try to make a call it struggles with the network until it just cuts me off.

I have read all the guidance on how to set it up but they only cover up to Android 11. The WiFi calling options have "disappeared".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Mainly I only heard about this issue with Vodafone users and I do believe they started to push updates to fix the Wi-Fi calling issue 

profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

I had the same problem, I sent Vodafone a DM on Twitter and after going through the motions they sent my enquiry to their network team which they stated would take 72 hours for a response, I didn't hold out much hope if I'm honest!

Anyway today came and I had an update notification from Sony so I updated my 5ii and then after it had installed an OTA update came from VF and I now I have wifi calling!  And they also give me £10 credit for my inconvenience! 

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Lordster2
Explorer

I should have stated that my 5ii is an unlocked Carphone Warehouse unit.

Good Luck!

Piscie
Community Team

@Lordster2, brilliant! Thanks for updating us. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
BillyBong11

Finally, the latest Sony update has restored my WiFi calling.  Very easy to set up now.  

Thanks for all the help.