Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 fingerprint reader freezing after update to Android 11

profile.country.RO.title
Vlad_T
New

Xperia 5 fingerprint reader freezing after update to Android 11

Just to make it clear. I find Xperia 5 fingerprint sensor to be less good than in other phones. Even after following all instructions on how to register fingerprints and use the sensor it still worked on the first try in 9 out of 10 cases.

However after upgrading to Android 11 the reader randomly stops working at all. From time to time - sometimes 30 minutes and others 6 hours after a restart - the sensor simply stops working. the message is ”try cleaning the sensor” - but it is not related to that. It simply needs a restart, and then it works again for a while.

Testing it in the service menu shows the sensor is ok, so this makes me feel it is a software issue caused by the recent Android 11 update.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.US.title
Krinandez

I find that Android is increasingly becoming a piece of *****. Android 10 was buggy as an anthill, but at least the fingerprint reader worked for me 9 out of 10 times.

With 11, I get system crashes, stalls and glitches. I have an Xperia 5 too. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, i do believe that they said there will be a software update to fix this issue as it happened after the last Android version. However, they have released a work around as it might solve the issue like restarting the device and force restart. But if the issue is not resolved by that, we'll need to wait until the software version is released.