Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 Compact - where is sim slot!!

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

Xperia Z5 Compact - where is sim slot!!

Hello

I am elderly and very confused with this phone. My old Z3 compact has an opening in the ide of phone where the sim card fits however......I have just bought this Xperia Z5 Compact online and cannot locate the sim slot!

On the r/h side of phone is the on/off - volume and camera buttons. On the top is a lift up flap which reveals the earphone jack.

On the bottom is the same which reveals the micro port for charging but....on the left side which manual says is the sim slot all there is near the bottom of that side is the word RINGKE and next to it a little opening for a strap according to manual - the rest of that side is just one complete piece of plastic!

I am really puzzled as all my previous Xperias have little slots which I lift with my fingernail to reveal the sim card and sd card slots.

I am thinking of just throwing it out and buying a different model

Thanks everyone

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi there,

There is a web page with manuals and tips & tricks.

The link to the manual is this.

After opening the pdf, look for the word Assembly.

Youtube has a video about replacing the SIM card cover  where you can see where it is.

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

Thanks so much for replying. In the meantime I have sorted it and I feel stupid!

When I looked close under a magnifier glass I noticed there fas a very fine cover over the sides and rear of phone and when I ttook it off there was the slot for sim just where the manual said!

Thanks again

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

No problem.

Helping out is what the community is for.