Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7 iv

profile.country.GB.title
gbcegae
Explorer

Sony A7 iv

Got the A7 iv on order. What is the best video edit for this cameras codecs? I use Edius at present but I don't think that it will accept the input from this camera. Would Sony's Vegas pro be better?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You can give Vegas a try, always worth seeing how each software handles and works with different codecs.

It's also how you find the software that counts, that's an even larger part of it and Vegas is indeed very user friendly.

Premiere is also worth a look, if you can justify the monthly cost, and I'd say blackmagics davinci resolve is definitely worth a look too, especially with it mostly free, you can have a real fun play in resolve for no cost, with only the highest features behind a paywall.

profile.country.GB.title
sidowse
New

Sony no longer develops Vegas. "Magix software" is now the "developer" and I don't recommend it. A new version every year with quite a steep fee to upgrade.

The basic version of Davinci Resolve is free and the pro version isn't particularly expensive. The pro version is actually free with some relatively inexpensive hardware like a speed-editing keyboard. It isn't without its issues though because the UI is a bit clunky, but from my experience, it is better than Vegas.