Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
john.pringle

For someone who doesn't have time to take their TV back you seem to have plenty of time to post on here I'm not against anyone posting their problems with tv but you say the same things over and over and It gets a bit tiresome I had a few minor things with my tv blank screen sound etc but it has been sorted and now I'm happy with my tv Like I said in an earlier post find time to take it back you found time to buy it in stead of moaning about it

Sent from my iPad
adyjay33

Got a mobile... and what I do in my time is none of your business... 🙂

John you keep saying the same things over an over again... its getting really boring...

So how have your sorted out your TV, come on John I thought you wanted to help not hinder on here?

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
john.pringle

Bit delicate are we If you think saying something twice is over and over then then you must get upset very easily Anyway I suggested a solution that you yourself recommended to other posters earlier in the thread 😀

Sent from my iPad
adyjay33

No you just get boring john... come and pick up my TV please and take it back for me... 🙂

Another Troll it seems 🙂

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
john.pringle

Get it out of your loft and post your address and I'll see if I can sort it out for you
😛

Sent from my iPad
adyjay33

Buckingham Palace... just ring the door bell...
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@adyjay33 wrote:
Buckingham Palace... just ring the door bell...

So you don't actually want to be helped even when you get a genuine offer 😞

And keeping it, unused, in the loft, places it well out of the danger of getting any updates that might fix some or all of your issues.

Munchausen's Syndrome by Sony is it, with you?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
adyjay33

To be honest, did you really think I really would do it?

I dont know you from Adam plus from your posts I would not trust you either as its clear to me that you are just here to try and wind people who have problems up... sorry not biting.

I will sort it out one way or another as it wont be sorted by you lot on here will it because all you want to do is argue.

Even if I decide to put a hammer through it and cut my losses and buy a decent TV that does what a TV is supposed to do and that is work properly then I will do it.

Basically no more Sony products for me as they are basically rubbish.

I expect it to fail within a year or two anyway, if it fails I wont even bother with the supposed 5 year warranty as I dont think I could handle this TV for another 5 years.

Thanks for the offer but I will decline it due to... well you. 🙂

Have a nice time with your TV, I hope you have plenty of tissues nearby when you watch it as you obvoiously love it so much. 🙂

I m out of here, I have a life to lead and being on here is wasting it.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I have issues too. Many many issues. I am not a fully happy customer but I like this TV.

I don't Know if I could find a TV with no issues. Maybe back to '80s or '90s.

Things are more complex nowdays. This is not our obligation to solve but since this happened we cannot change and we try to give some cure if possible.

At least try the rest of the family to operate without problems or help people who sometimes you see that they cannot do simple things that many of us can do.

What really is annoying is that issues from 2015 still exist on 2016 models.

I can not figure out if most problems are hardware and line production related. TV's are manufactured everywhere in the world by different factories and different technicians. Temperatures is also an issue that existed in the past for Sony TVs and is not solved yet. They have given recalls.

In any case this specific forum is an issues forum and not a Likes forum. There are other community parts like General Chat or Hello thread were people can express feelings and likes with no limits or discord.

Sorry for my English

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi @adyjay33

@Well, it wasn't me that offered, for a start.

And for a second thing, I have not been saying these sets were perfect, or that I had no problems - far from it,

And I did cut my losses and buy a decent set, just before Xmas, as I really feared the Sony would disrupt and spoil our enjoyment of programmes over the holiday period. So my money went very firmly where my mouth is 🙂

But I did keep the Sony in the trickledown, so I still have it, in the study, and the one that went was the dumb 19in Samsung in the kitchen, replaced by the Smart 21in Samsung from the guest bedroom, which was replaced by the... and so on, up to where the Sony was bumped by the new Samsung 55in.

My wife looked at it today, running in the study, and said "Oh, you've got that thing on. Well, it looks better than it did, at least, but it's still not a patch on the Samsungs"

And I agree; I did a big A/B, hovering in the doorway so I could see our well-optimised Samsung, and trying to get the Sony the same, and I couldn't; still can't, as a matter of fact. Get it bright enough, it loses contrast, and the colours start looking washed out. Get the contrast right, and the picture is too dark and dull.

And I have no reason to suppose the set is faulty in this area, as the distinctions are quite subtle. But I do wonder if those who admire the picture on this set have seen it up against a Samsung, or even the latest (non-HDR, for fairness) Panasonics, which have come on leaps and bounds.

Hardly a ringing endorsement from me.

though if I had your set, it would go back; there may still be stuff wrong with these sets, even if not as much as before, but yours seems to be outside anything that can be rescued in software.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking