Join now - be part of our community!

43w805c optical output head scratcher

AnotherWay82
Explorer

43w805c optical output head scratcher

Hi,

i have a 43w805c with an ht-be1 Sony surround sound amp connected to it (I know it's out the ark but I like it!)

i have the amp connected via optical (it has no hdmi inputs) but cannot for the life of me work out how to get audio to come out from the tv.

i've set the TV to output to external speakers with no success.

it's not the amp or the cable - just connected my ps4 to it directly and it works like a charm.

my old Sony TV (can't remember the model) used to pass audio through the optical cable regardless of whether external speakers were selected or not, and would pass through 5.1 if I specifically selected external speakers. I expected this one to work in the same manner.

i'd be very grateful of any advice.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
EsePoppa
Explorer

Hi

I have similar issues with my KD-55X8509C, which is also an Android TV.

I have Samsung HT-E8200 soundbar.

Before previous june update optical audio was fine.

After the update it worked for 10 minutes and went mute.

After I connected HDMI-ARC no optical at all.

I did factory reset and the optical audio game back, though it clipped a bit.

After I setup developer mode ON and installed some apps the optical audio went mute.

I'll wait for the next major update...

PROBER1
New

I had the same problem with the 50inch model. Some things to check are:

That the speakers in sound settings are set to Audio system

That the digital audio out setting it set to the correct option for your av receiver, probably PCM

finally, the one that sorted it for me was to go into sound setting via the action menu button then select advanced sound settings, select common and across from this at the bottom is digital audio out volume, the default setting on this is quite low and had to be turned up to max on mine then it worked fine.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Porkwellington
Explorer

Special thankyou - I even logged in especially! Your last suggestion fixed it for me - turned up th vol and away we go - not sure how long that one would have taken to find without your handy hint!

Andy