Join now - be part of our community!

5.1 DD audio over HDMI-ARC from DVB tuner

SOLVED
lancey_ss
Explorer

5.1 DD audio over HDMI-ARC from DVB tuner

Hi all,

I'm returning my Philips Android TV 49PUS7600 as it's unable to output multichannel audio over the HDMI-ARC connection when input is the onboard TV tuner (DVB-C signal). 

One of the options I have for replacing is the Sony X85 series. Can anyone confirm you are getting 5.1 output correctly over the HDMI ARC connection from the 2015 Bravia Android TVs when source is the on-board tuner?

Thanks.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caledonian_TV wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Caledonian_TV wrote:
- As I said previously; this, combined with infiltration and censorship seems to be the best 'Sony' can do by way of defending this farce.

yet no evidence provided.  Nice use of 'the big lie' technique

So...  450+ pages, thousands of posts from hundreds of disgrunteld customers  complaining of very serious problems - on this one forum alone -  is all part of a "big lie" then?  Really? Is that the best Sony can do?   Hysterical!

Deflection by mis-representation.  You know full well that i was asking for evidence of your accusations 'infiltration' and 'shrills'.  Nice try.

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Quinnicus wrote

Deflection by mis-representation.  You know full well that i was asking for evidence of your accusations 'infiltration' and 'shrills'.  Nice try.

At least be honest with yourself Quinnicus...

You were 'asking' for no such thing... You were making a personal attack loaded with a scurrilous direct accusation of personal dishonesty on my part; and inferring that other who are also 'up in arms' over these incompetently designed PR disasters are also liars...

Besides which, I have made no such "accusations". What I actually wrote was...

"And for months now there have been allegations of censorship, corporate shilling and general infiltration of social media in the efforts to do so...   I am of these opinion these allegations are well founded."

Those allegations - which are contained within that 450+ page thread - were surfacing when I first joined the forum to seek out answers to my own problems; and first came from others...  And, because I have seen multiple instances where attempts have been made to deflect that thread from the complaints; usually by 'new' posters with unusually evangelistic tone " I am of these opinion these allegations are well founded."

Censorship?  Well I have evidence of you yourself closing down a thread, when you simply didn't like the tone... And PULEEEZE don't try to justify this act of cowardice!

Near the top of this thread I am accused of "spamming"...  A personal attack on my integrity. Why? - I posted directly-relevant (to the original question) accounts of my own experience with one of these sets. Experience which is bourne out by the cold, hard, fact that every one of the issues I related has been reproduced by others... Often MANY others...

Plainly, your Sony 'colleague' would rather the truth didn't emerge - and that is shilling...  And personal attack is followed by personal attack as you yourself go on to directly accuse me of being a liar... 

Now...  I do realise that as a Sony 'expert' [sic] you do hold a position of 'power' here. - Power which you're quite happy to abuse apparently.   But in doing so you simply dig yourself into a deeper hole...

And you drag Sony themselves into further disrepute...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if someone likes their product of purchase, should they not be entitled the same considerations as others by stating so on these forums without fear of being labeled?

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

You know what Quinnicus...  You can take your straw-man out to the garden and put a match to it...

'fear of being labelled' my backside...  This coming from an individual who ABUSES his moderation privileges and attacks the integrity of others by calling them liars... Perhaps you and your overlords at Sony should make a little study of the Defamation Act?  - I've some useful notes on the subject from the days when I used to teach the media law unit on the TV production course I ran at Stow College.  

I'm afraid that in the face of the Emperor's bare backside those parachuted in to proclaim the merits of his silk britches are quite quite transparent...  And in the face of four-and-a-half-thousand posts, most of which are screaming blue murder...   Well they don't really fool many of the people for much of the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha classic.

So I take it is a no then, in regards to my question above.  Well thats integrity for you.  And your derogatory remarks is... Sooo like juvenile, and everything else is just self grandiosement with an attempt being pseudo intelectual and deflection in not event attempting to answer the question.

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Quinnicus... 

In what way do you think you are benefitting yourself?  Your question was answered and you're just being dishonest to yourself in seeking to deny that; if you lack the comprehension to understand that answer, that's your own problem.  And, as you're now banging-on about pseudo-intellectualism the phrase you are looking for is self-aggrandisement. - There is no such word as "grandiosement" in the English language.

Unlike yourself Mr Sony "Expert", I actually am the real-deal... Trained, qualified, experienced and able to produce the paperwork if necessary.  - The only 'deflection' going on is from you and your cronies. Furthermore, you, personally are quite plainly abusing your position as a moderator here...

And that Sir is to Sony's disgrace... 

That their first-line 'customer support' extends to a forum stewarded by untrained, unqualified and possibly unstable  individuals who, when cornered can only resort to actionable defamatory comments (surely against the Ts & Cs) and the projection of their own neurosis onto others.  

And, it's now very clear, this is your neurosis you're projecting.  Actually, you are the one who indulges in 'self-aggrandisement' by dint of the fact you crave validation through your position as steward of this forum. - A position which you are quite happy to abuse. And you're emotionally  threatened by the fact that I actually do know what I'm talking about...  That's why you lashed out (in effect) calling me a 'liar'...

"ha ha classic" - Yes Quinnicus, you are...  Really you are...  

Anonymous
Not applicable

And thats where i draw the line.  Too tired now.  Have fun 

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

No Quinnicus...

You don't get to draw any lines...  Especially the ones you crossed first.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

If I may I think the OP deserves to have his/her question discussed properly in an orderly manner and not ram-raided by an unnecessary argument over who's skill set is better than the others!

Take a chill-pill people, it's not worth arguing over!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

This bickering has nothing to do with the thread wil the mods please shut it down.