Join now - be part of our community!

50/50 screen distortion KD43X89J

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O

50/50 screen distortion KD43X89J

Hi,

Finally collected my TV (KD43X89J) on Monday and have it mounted on the wall. Managed to set up ok and everything was great. However, yesterday when switched on, the screen went into an odd 50/50 mode between perfect and distortion. It seems to clear itself up after a bit either by itself or with faffing about with turning things off and on (don't know of that actually helps!). It's gone into the same 50/50 mode today (been switched on twice today with a few hours in between and happened both times) and I've since removed all HDMI leads bar the Sky lead which I've tried this in different ports but when setting up the display, the TV prompts me to connect the Sky lead to Port 3 ARC. I do have a soundbar but that's connected in the headphones Outlet.

Programme viewing is only through the Sky box as opposed to the TV unit itself. Distortion seems to be on all channels (of those flicked through) including Netflix through the Sky app and assume through the rest of the apps too. After trying the Sky lead in different ports and going back to the original port, has anyone experienced anything like this ? I did perform a soft reset but not sure if that helped/resolved the issue as the screen went back to being normal again - which it seems to do if left to itself. 

Thanks in advance....

F

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Firmware update to v6.4314

Benefits and Improvements

Improves general performance of the TV

Resolves an issue where temporarily incorrect colours could be observed on half of the screen (X85J/X89J models)

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-x85j_x86j_x89j-series/kd-43x89j/software/...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Firmware update to v6.4314

Benefits and Improvements

Improves general performance of the TV

Resolves an issue where temporarily incorrect colours could be observed on half of the screen (X85J/X89J models)

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-x85j_x86j_x89j-series/kd-43x89j/software/...

profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O

Thank you Marino. I had an older version so update completed and fingers crossed! 

Thanks again 

F

Hi which bracket did you use to get your TV on the wall. Cheers Adam

profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O

Hi,

Sorry for the delay! We got one from Curry's, can't remember the brand but it was whatever was recommended for the size and weight of the TV. 

Sorry can't help, I'll see if I can tell which it is on the morning, and if I succeed, will let you know.

F