Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

I have upgraded my 55xd9305 yesterday and it proved to be a bad move. Since then a lot of judder specially on 4K stuff from Amazon and YouTube. It settles if left alone for couple of minutes. Clicking a buttong on remote such as volume or action will again introduce judder. I also noticed that while watching some 4K HDR on Amazon last night, the sound was out of sync with video as well. I hope a fix comes soon.

78 REPLIES 78
Xyba25
New

This issue appears to be, simply, a streaming issue with the Amazon app. I have the same issue of judder/stutter on my Bravia but if I start a programme, such as Grand Tour, that stutters and press pause, leave it for a couple of minutes, then press play...no more judder. It’s a streaming caching problem IMO.

its not ideal but it’s a worthy workaround.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Can anyone confirm if the latest firmware fixes this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

if you go to sony support you will see the latest update v6-2858 software pkgs-2858 you will see the details of the amazonupdate

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Yes, I can see what it says. I was asking if anyone had confirmed it cures the juddering as it seems more about freezing and lipsync.

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

After the new TV firmware, they updated Amazon Video app to version 4.4.0

Today I received an update via Google Play Store (!!!). The icon and the name of the app changed (now it's called "Prime Video"). The app version is 4.5.17

So, from now on, FINALLY the app will be constatly updated via Play Store

profile.country.GB.title
dominicforrest
Explorer

I've upgraded.  After the upgrade the problem was significantly improved but not perfect.  I then upgraded the Amazon App through the play store and since then NO MORE JUDDERING.

So far so good,

Dom

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

Worth a try Dom.

I have a bash after the Bank Holiday and if it cures or at least improves the playback then I will be a happier bunny.

This issue has been onging for quite a while now so if this does finally sort it out, the question will be

"why has this taken Sony so long to get to grips with it?"

profile.country.GB.title
dominicforrest
Explorer

After the upgrade I wacthed the first 10-30 seconds of at least 30 different programs with absolutely no judders.  The startup was so good I ended up watching Skyfall by mistake :grin:

Dom

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

fixed

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@stormyukwrote:

I have just installed the latest firmware v6.2858 with my XE9005 and now my Amazon prime gives nothing in 4K, its all 1080p? The 4K listings have all vanished. Is that the judder fix? LOL? Any idea how I can get 4K back?

I checked with The Grand Tour and it showed 1080p for a while. I was going to reply that I had the same issue and eventually it switched to Ultra HD. Then I skipped back and it was 1080p again. I mean, UHD is there, but it may have issues going to 4K in a short time. I might also depend on the servers.

Hmmm... no. It shouldn't be a server issue. On my Apple TV 4K it starts straight to 2160p. No questions asked! But sure, we have been told that Android TV isn't slow.. :rolling_eyes: