Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
dsains
New

keep losing wi-fi on mt new tv kd-43x8308c

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dsains wrote:

keep losing wi-fi on mt new tv kd-43x8308c

If you kept it in the same place all the time, you wouldnt keep loosing it :smiley:  (couldnt help it !)

Serious note: Try changing the wi-fi channel on your router.  Can help quite alot.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

I have a 5 month old KD-55XD9305 which just had a new LD Board fitted Part No.A2094368B (due to total power fail). Following the fit of the new board latest firmware PKG3.865.01036EUB auto installed and since then I cant connect to my Router wirelessly and TV reboots intermittently. I have tried the 'Power off at wall then hold down on button and Vol- button until green light' etc etc but my TV does not reboot twice like it says it should. I have tried this many times but when I let go of the buttons with the green light on ...the TV is just 'OFF' no matter how long i wait.All this has been fed back to Sony but i expect no help at all, from them with this and to be honest I m getting to the point where i will be requesting a full refund as its ridiculous that not a day goes by without a problem or the threat of a reboot right in the middle of a program. Totally fed up with Sony......any ideas anyone. Thanks for reading

Ian B

P.S. never tried a soft reboot before ....but want to watch the footie tonight so wont tweak anything until tomorrow

Muzz427
Explorer

My TV, a KDL-50W755C, is always giving me the message " your TV is no longer connected to the internet. Please check your internet connection".

This is driving me crazy because everything else, phones or laptop is connected without a problem.

a little while later it then messages "Your TV is now connected to the internet"

If I check the settings it says that I have a good connection to my internet! only if I try to connect to,say, BBC I player it will not connect. It takes a lot of switching off and on and faffing about to ever get it workking.

I said earlier it was always doing this, how about 15/20 times during an evening. 

Really frustating especially if you are quickly trying to catch up on some programme.

Sound familiar? or is it just me?!!

ahsan_mian
Explorer

Try manually setting the tv date and time. That fixed the problem for me with no recurrence

Sent from my mobile
Lostfifer
Explorer

Hi,

Don't know if it'll help you or not but I switched from 5G to 2G connection
on my wifi and been OK since.
Muzz427
Explorer

Thank you Ahsan_mian,

I shall try that and see how it works.

Cheers

Muzz

Muzz427
Explorer

Thanks Lostfifer,

I shall try that too.

Cheers

Muzz

profile.country.GB.title
getsiddharth
New

Hi Team,

I bought my new Sony KDL32RD433BU TV couple of days back. When I plug in my ethernet cable in the TV slot, it says that the cabled connection is OK but the internet access shows 'Failed'. I tried to manually set the ip setting but no luck.

Could you please help me at the earliest?

Regards,

Siddharth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @getsiddharth

Please see my post :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/can-t-change-dns-on-kdl-40rd453/m-p/2275589#M47553

This is the same for your TV too.

Cheers