Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Shouldn't really have to though should we? This is simply poor implementation of connectivity coding. Something we see from Sony a lot, good ideas done in a slipshod method. This is a 'quality ' brand and just should not have trouble with something as simple as internet connection 

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

I agree with you but they are what they are, getting the TV actually doing what you expected then becomes the next most important thing. Took me ages faffing around with switch configurations and router functions. I now know what needs to be turned off to get things working. It's the Google functions that are to blame so I'm not sure it's all Sonys fault. Anything non google generally seems to work under any condition.

[http://static.ideasunplugged.com/signature/s_182/t_rbUplx.jpg?v=51]
Cheers, Mike.

Sorry for any brevity or mistakes but this is mobile email and therefore error prone.
[Web][Email][Facebook][Twitter][LinkedIn][Instagram][Skype][WordPress]
profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

After messing about for ages I gave up with WIFI and bought aTP Link ethernet over mains pair, set the IP to static on my router, you can do this on the BT router, and switched WIFI off on the TV. If you can't set the static on the router on yours then do it via the setup on the TV  On WIFI  It was so hungry on Netflix it slowed all my other devices down any way. I changed the DNS server to two that Google recommended and since then it's been stable. The Netflix button on the remote doesn't always work but the app does and occasionally I have to reboot to get the BBC app to work but I suspect the app not the connection.

Cheers

Taryck
New

Hi,

I've got the same damn issue with : KD-65X8509C

Last firmaware installa 3.533 and now no lan ethernet only wifi...

Zapotoczny
Explorer

I also have this problem with kd49xd7005 

profile.country.SE.title
Tv.Karlstrom
New

I also have problems when I put a network switch between the TV and the wall socket. Connection comes and goes.
Have had the network card (whole motherboard, the technician said) but problem remains the same.
Model: kd55xd8577

Hope Sony finds a fix in the firmware soon.

Regards

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

49XD8099, Android 6.0.1 last release.

Via ethernet it works just fine. With WiFi I have all kind of possible issues as reported in this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/xd80-49-quot-android-6-0-1-connecting-via-wifi-i-give-up/...

It might be some incompatibility with my WiFi router, but my two Xperia phones and my MacBook Pro have no issues whatsoever.

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

75XD9405, after the update I get constant network outages.

Prior to this it was fine.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes

Can confirm that Wi-Fi issue exists for my TV too, both mornings after 6.01 update.

Simply selecting Network Settings - WiFi  resolves after a few seconds(10s) :thinking:

Scaning always available is set to On.

My WiFi connection was performed a Forget network yesterday morning, re-created, but issue insists :

network 601.PNG

[Update]

Checked after "Deep STBY" which is exactly five minutes after pressing Power OFF.

Same thing happened. Wi-Fi was again lost as above.

Selected Settings - Home network setup - IP control - Simple IP control - was to Off.

Changed Simple IP control to On and checked for WiFi connection for three times after "Deep STBY"

Seems WiFi to be OK now. Will be sure about this tomorrow morning ...........

IP control is set to:

Authentication -> Normal

Pre-Shared Key -> Available when [Authentication] is set to [Normal and Pre-Shared Key]

Simple IP control -> On

KD-55X8508C

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

I've just upgraded to fibre and have a new router, still getting the problem but it's so random. 

I very much doubt Sony are bothered, acknowledge the issue or are working on a fix.