Join now - be part of our community!

Apple TV

profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

Apple TV

I have been on the Apple forum and I am told that the Apple TV+ app is due to be made available to Sony soon (whatever soon means), Does anyone here know when this might happen and as importantly will this be made available to all Sony TV's or is it going to be particular ones or just new ones?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The Apple TV app from Android TV is made by Apple, so that is the source of any news on it.

In italy they say before end of 2020 now.

profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

Sapete più di noi. We know nothing.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

Reading the article it seems it will be available on a selection of Sony TV's, if what has been suggested to me on an Apple forum it will likely be only the TV's with Airplay 2, which mine does not have, if that is the case, I'll forget about Apple TV, it will be more trouble than it is worth to get the app. I already have Netflix and Prime.

Thanks Rooob for the link.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

On the models supporting airplay2 the content is already available using that feature. The native app should be available on sony android tv (not for all android tv via playstore so) but it is not specified anywhere which platform will be supported (most probably not the 2015/2016 ones on nougat)