Join now - be part of our community!

Burnt images on Bravia KD65-A1

profile.country.GB.title
RichardS1952
Explorer

Burnt images on Bravia KD65-A1

I purchased this OLED TV in April 2018 with a 5 year guarantee. Around 6 months ago two images appeared on the screen; an L in a rectangle and the number 2 in a circle. Playing around with the picture settings did nothing to resolve it so I spoke to Curry's / PC World where I bought it who suggested to save time to speak to Sony as it was under guarantee. 

I have had an exchange of emails with their Support team who suggested Panel Calibration and a Panel Refresh neither of which resolved it. They then said that I should have read the instructions that came with the tv (there were none) or gone online to look up the problem (no problem existed when I bought it so why would I bother).

Next they said it was a self inflicted problem, I had probably left the TV on Stand By for long periods, it was not covered by the guarantee but I could pay to have it fixed. I pointed out to them that (a) we don't as a rule leave it on standby (b) I have no idea what the 2 burnt images are (c) a lot of radio and tv programmes have logos on the screen so very difficult on standby or not static images are always present. Furthermore, if they can offer a fix they obviously know it's a problem that probably affects all their smart TV's at some time or other so why not fix it in the first place. No answer was the stern reply and that is where we are with the wonderful Sony. 

My question is has anybody else had the same problem ? If so have they resolved it and if so how ? I would be grateful for any feedback. This tv was £ 3,500 and to be fobbed off by Sony is deplorable customer service which I have told them. They acknowledged the email but nothing else. Well done Sony !

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Richard,

Direct sunlight can also cause burn in effects.

So this might be something you might want to take into account too.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
RichardS1952
Explorer

Hello Peter,

Thankyou, I will bear that in mind. 

Regards

Richard