Join now - be part of our community!

Horrible support Sony Android kd49x8307c

marrco7
New

Horrible support Sony Android kd49x8307c

I recently bought a new sony android kd49x8307c tv wish i hadnt slow channel change rubbish remote issues with netflix and tv turning off on its own etc and to top it all totally useless product support come on Sony put down a proper fix for the Netflix issue. I contacted them today and was told it was my bt hub odd when our LG AND SAMSUNG SMART TVS WORK THE APP PERFECTLY FROM THE SAME HUB. Why have a big fancy website and say nothing to help.useless

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What Netflix issues?  Not heard of any Netflix issues for your TV.  However, some others have experienced Netflix issues on their Non-Android TV, which seems to be an issue with BT HomeHub3.  Moving to HH4 or HH5 resolves this.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Sounds like an internet problem, Netflix works really well on my KD49X8309C.

How are you connecting, wifi or ethernet? If wifi which band 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz. The 2.4 ghz may not have any free channels due neighbors filling them all.

Hope you get it sorted, as Quinnicus said it may be the BT hub.

profile.country.GB.title
fairygirl
New

I have a kd55x9005cbu and the netflix app on that is TOTALLY USELESS. Some episodes of varied series work fine others stop at 25%. this is on wifi and hard wired. Tried it through a switch, virgin modem normal and in 'modem' mode using it as a passthrough into an apple time capsule etc etc etc etc etc. Makes no difference. Netflix app will for example let you watch 'Falling Skies' series 1, episodes 1 and 2, but not 3. It will let you watch episode 4 but not 5. The Netflix apps on my ps4 and appleTV work PERFECTLY on the same network. Youtube works perfectly on the sony tv, Tried 'better call saul' works episodes 1 and 2, but not 3 or 4, 5 ok and 6. Go and try episodes again and exactly the same. Do a network check in netflix tv app and all green ticks and 46mb download. Seems like the tv app is picking which ones i can watch and which ones i cant, freakin useless TV.

Anyone have light bleed and the tv freezing or turning off for no reason lol. Light bleed on this set is there but not too bad, Why are things made so crap these days?????