Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505C - New USB Recording Update

JacobMark
New

KD-55X8505C - New USB Recording Update

I have a KD-55X8505C  (Sony Bravia Android X85C TV)

A few days ago a new update to the television made it possible to record on USB Harddisk, connected to the USB Recording-gate.

I am now going to buy a harddisk to be used, but I have some questions, which you guys might be able to answer.

1) Is it possible to record from tv program, while you are watching another program at the same time?

2) How much does a regular tv program (50 minutes) take from the harddisk? How many GB?

3) Is it possible to make the TV record a future program (ex. at 20:00), when you are not home ?

Thank you,

Jacob

Denmark

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

1. yes, your TV is 4K and spot a double DVBT tuner for this main purpose
  2. hard to say it depends on the broadcast, normally 2GB/hour in SD and 4GB/hour in HD
  3. absolutely yes, you can even set it when away from home using the app TV sideview
JacobMark
New

Thank you.

I just bought an external harddisk - and everything is perfectly working!

Johny3
Explorer

I can answer your first question only which i have tried with my TV box. Yes yo can record one TV program whiel you are watching another TV program. All the details about this, you will find it with your box manual book

Normis83
Explorer

I dont know regarding the 1st and 2nd question, but the last question I could say, and it is yes, you can record the future programs.