Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8508C Picture DEAD after watching 4K Satellite program

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

KD-55X8508C Picture DEAD after watching 4K Satellite program

Today I watched for about an hour 2 free Hotbird Satellite programs with 4K content.

After that and by pressing the TV button on remote to return on DVB-T television there was an extremely zoomed picture, the only thing I could see was the upper right corner of the channel.

Powered OFF and ON by remote but the result diplayed was vertical mostly green lines same as a malfunctioned PC graphics card.

Tried to reboot by press and hold green button on remote but operation could not be perfomed.

Finally unpluged TV from electric mains for 15 seconds and tv went back to normal.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming things are ok now.  I dont have the answer to why it happened, but i can imagine its quite scary for a while :ghost:  

Obviously if it happens often or that you can reproduce it then it may need to be reported to Sony Engineers for investigation.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes things are ok now.

It was really scary. I have seen many dead PC Graphics Cards with this indication of vertical coloured thin lines.

I tried to re-produce the error by leaving a 4K satellite program playing for more than an hour and then by going back to DVB-T. Nothing bad happened.

There is generally something going completely wrong with Satellite Receiver or related software. THE ONLY thing that works OK is Channel Search and nothing else. No channel move-index, no channel deletion, no nothing. Everything goes back to After-Search state. Completely nothing works. I wonder if the programers know all problems by testing their TV sets or they are expecting us to report.

The only thing they solved with 3.169 software is channel stuck but only in the case of DVB-T channels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree.  People who are using the Satellite tuner seem to be short changed at the moment and things feel rather rough.  Hopefully this will be rectified in time - although how long is anybodies guess.