Join now - be part of our community!

kd65 xd9305 power fault and 2 days wasted time

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

kd65 xd9305 power fault and 2 days wasted time

well seems iv had the misfortune of my set getting the power bug where it cant power up at all. 

so far spent two days trying to get sony to organise a pick up, first up they messed up my address and some how placed me in london, im in lancashire. next up get told il get a call back today from a cust service rep, no call back and no engineer call either. 

just spent another 10 mins by a serv rep that they are "going the extra mile" by doing nothing but saying i should get a call today......

honestly if anyone at sony reads this forum can you please help out as i worked for currys once over and honestly for a tv with a known (you're issue not mine) this is a shambolic process of me having to sit next to a phone for calls that never come. 

so on to tomorrow and yet another promised phone call from the call centre, we shall see. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Boris_GB

I am having a nightmare with Sony service as well.

My 49" xe90 developed a screen fault with vertical lines all over the screen.

My replacement tv arrived today and failed after 10 minutes of use. Got a RED led flashing 8 times and now the tv wont start it just displays vertical lines and freezes with no response to remote or control presses.

Its taken Sony 4 weeks to send me a duff replacement.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

the red light flashing 8 times is the only code that may not be related to a fault of hardware. It indicates problems with the network

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

well day 3 now. 

just phoned the cust service people up for the 4th time now to chase this up. still no reply from their engineer dept or whoever will service the tv, all they can say is its been escalated?!?!? they claimed they tried contacting them 5 times yesterday but dont worry the escalation will solve this now, im sorry if a company or whoever isnt answering a phone after 5 attempts maybe theres a problem with that place. 

i am apparently booked in to get a manager call today but i get the feeling il be phoning them back come 4pm to chase it up yet again. also pro tip again for sony, upgrade the horrid sounding and muffled and quiet phone system. its like phoning someone up in the 1970's.

for such a large company im shocked at the state of their cust service or total lack of it.