Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-75W855C Oreo upgrade

profile.country.RO.title
ykodryn
Explorer

KDL-75W855C Oreo upgrade

So 2015 android tv series like KDLW800C  get oreo and security updates but my 4000 euro tv KDL-75W855C also from 2015 is not getting it. So sony you sell garbage to east europe ?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.RO.title
ykodryn
Explorer

I like your optimism about release of updates. We will see but 6 months already passed and there are no news about europe. I don`t mind the delay of update but at least would be nice to know that indeed is on to do list.
profile.country.GB.title
motix94
New

hello, i found this page from sony uk and it talks about oreo and in the tv list there is 2015 tv: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00226266

profile.country.BG.title
headnail

Whilst the article is encouraging, the fact that it's from August is not :slight_smile:

I can appreciate that firmware development is a tricky thing as is ensuring that the update is safe and does not brick TVs...

That is why it would be preferable to have some official information from Sony on this topic....as opposed to us guessing why we are left in the dark while most of the remaining world has gotten the update already :slight_smile:

profile.country.RO.title
ykodryn
Explorer

Have you heard about milk cows? We are what we are. Good for paying and then **** off. I have a samsung smart tv (not so smart if you ask me) from....I think 2009 - 2010 on my gym, now that became baby room. Anyway, last year I had an update for it 🤣 and I have pvr, and I don`t have annoying bugs that I have on this sony tv.