Join now - be part of our community!

Light sensor on OLED T

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Light sensor on OLED T

I received delivery today of my KD48A9 OLED TV today.  The installer has set the light sensor to off.  I have read that these televisions reduce the brightness if there is a risk of image retention on a certain section of the screen.  Will this facility still work if the light sensor is set to off?  I know the light facility works to adjust brightness according to the light in a room.  Do you think it is advisable to switch it on?  Your advice would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I have just taken delivery of the same TV.   You can get into the light sensor settings by pressing the cog 'settings' button on the remote, scroll over to the far right to "edit" and press OK  and then scroll to find the light sensor icon and select it.

This will now make it appear on the row of icons when you press the cog/settings button and you can turn the light sensor on or off from there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I would recommend to turn the light sensor on. Else the TV won't adjust the brightness when the surrounding light changes and might be much too bright in the evening.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for getting back to me.  When my installer set up the TV, I think he may have changed some of the settings, but he was so quick I could not see what changes, if any, he had made.  If I switch light sensor on and then decided to turn it off for some reason, would the TV go back to his settings or the default?   I don’t want to mess the picture up as it is awesome but must admit I watched a film last night and I wondered if it was perhaps a little too bright.

Many thanks for your help.  It is much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I have just taken delivery of the same TV.   You can get into the light sensor settings by pressing the cog 'settings' button on the remote, scroll over to the far right to "edit" and press OK  and then scroll to find the light sensor icon and select it.

This will now make it appear on the row of icons when you press the cog/settings button and you can turn the light sensor on or off from there.

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I will do this now.  I should not change the subject of the thread but it is so helpful to communicate with someone who has the same TV.  I keep getting a small flashing white line which appears at the top left-hand corner.  It appears for about a second at a time.  I have informed my retailer but was just wondering if your TV is okay.  It is a fabulous picture other than this white flash which keeps appearing.  

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Good luck with the light sensor setting.   I agree so far it seems a great TV.  Picture quality is superb, and I am impressed with the sound quality from a flat panel.

I don't have a flashing white line.  That does sound liek a fault to be honest.    You coudl try resettign to factory defaults and set it up again.

I assume you've tried a full power off reboot?  Ie press and hold in the green power button on the remote until you get a message on screen.

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me - it is much appreciated.  I am pleased that your TV is not showing the same fault.  The retailers are being very helpful and their installations engineer is going to return.  Thank you again and enjoy your new TV.