Join now - be part of our community!

New TV, sound issues caused by TuneIn app

profile.country.NL.title
a3deroo
Explorer

New TV, sound issues caused by TuneIn app

Hi, bought the new KD-55XH9299 a few weeks ago, but it was driving me mad for the first weeks.

Installed it, and everything was working fine, but start having sound issues, it was stuttering and cutting out, thought at first that there was an issue with the Toslink to the Surround receiver, so turned that off, but the issue was also there when using the internal speakers.

Factory reset the TV and problem was gone.... so I thought.... came back after a day or after several hours.

Tried a lot of things:

- Turned off all equipment near the TV

- swapped CI+ module with one from another TV

- swapped COAX cables (are all double shielded)

- Checked TV signal, everything is 100%/Green

- Factory reset the TV several times, that worked for a short time

- Restarting the TV, worked for a short time

At first I noticed it only when watching TV (Ziggo through CI+ module), but last week it started to happen while watching a movie through my OSMC VERO. Again, tried different thing to resolve it, but no success.

Then I noticed on my laptop in Chrome, that the TV said it was casting TuneIn... No, I was watching a movie on HDMI1. Couldn't get it to stop casting, as soon as I stopped the cast it started it again.

So while playing the movie (with stuttering sound) I removed the TuneIn App from Android TV, and sound returned to normal!

And since then, I haven't had any sound issues.

So, if you have strange sound issues and you have the TuneIn app installed... remove it!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
a3deroo
Explorer