Join now - be part of our community!

No Netflix 4K KD-55X8509C or upscale

DerekTSO
New

No Netflix 4K KD-55X8509C or upscale

Hello all 

I've had this a week now, and up until Thursday I had Netflix 4K running and twas fabulous...then all of a sudden, any 4K content will play in standard definition. It keeps telling me needs the input in 1080, and it is if I put in the info button on the remote. I cannot even choose the option in cinema modes, mastered in 4K is greyed out and gives the same message.

any idea what's going on?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Mastered in 4K is nothing to do with Netflix.  Suggest that you reboot your router and then the tv.  

Cheers

DerekTSO
New

Thanks Qunnicus, I done what you've said and no change.

if I run a 4K from Netflix, and press the info button, it says 2160 which I understand is 4K across the bottom. Now if I run a HD movie, change to cinema pro, and try to master up, the message is "Available when input is 1080".

i get the same via my NAS, but the mastered option is fine if I run through my bluray player.

Im sure a few times the screen signal option changes to the 3840 x2160, but haven't seen that for a while.

Im using wired option, I'm sure it's running at 50megps, I seen that yesterday but can't find it now. The lack of online manuals is a pain but have you guys here to help. 

Whatever suggestions are welcome, before I pick up the phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What Netflix movie are you trying to watch - this is so i can test it for myself in cinema pro.

Mastered in 4K option is only for blurays labeled as 'Mastered in 4K' - but they are still 1080p movies, not 4K.  See this discussion HERE

Anyway, only a few movies on Netflix are 4K.  If you can get back to me on what movie, ill test.

Cheers

DerekTSO
New

It was the new crouching tiger, and then the waterfalls, flowers ones on the 4K tab that give me the 1080 input issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive just tested all 3 of those example 4k videos.  All of them are playing back at 2160p resolution.  I can change picture mode to Cinema pro too, by going to thd action menu.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Goto your account settings in netflix and change playback settings to 'high'
  2. Test the speed of your internet connection and ensure its adequate for 4k ( speedtest.net )
  3. Does your TV have the latest firmware installed?
  4. All else fails, try a factory reset, as this can fix many issues.

Cheers