Join now - be part of our community!

pairing 3d glasses to a KD-55X8509C

profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

pairing 3d glasses to a KD-55X8509C

Can anyone help, I am unable to pair my active 3d glasses to my KD-55X8509C TV. I have carried out the instructions as per the manual but they wont connect, any one else had this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm if you used the following instructions?  If so, move the glasses closer to the tv to pair them.

For Active 3D Glasses

When Active 3D Glasses are supplied with your TV, use them. When no glasses are supplied, purchase a pair of Active 3D Glasses, model TDG-BT500A. Before using the Active 3D Glasses for the first time, you need to register them to your TV. Follow the steps below.

1. Remove the battery’s insulation sheet.

2. Turn the TV on, then hold the glasses within 50 cm (1.6 ft.) of the TV.
  3. Press and hold the(Power) button/indicator on the glasses for 2 seconds.

The Active 3D Glasses turn on and registration starts (the(Power) button/indicator blinks green and yellow). When registration is finished, a message appears in the bottom right corner of the TV screen for 5 seconds, and the indicator lights up green for 3 seconds.

If registration fails, the Active 3D Glasses will turn off automatically. In this case, repeat the above procedure.

profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

Hi
I have tried to pair using the instructions provided and I have moved  the glasses closer but they  will still not pair

Sent from Samsung Mobile
profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

I have the same problem!  Following the instructions does not cure the problem.  My TV is a KD-55S8585C - worst TV I have ever owned  - see the hundreds of other posts re endless 3D problems.  Sony, after taking months to finally release firmware to cure the various faults with these TVs, has finally managed to get 3D popups working and now at last, HDD recording finally works.  However I was waiting for the latest thing that would't work... and it seems to be pairing 3D glasses!!  This was working before the latest update (the one that fixed HDD).  However since that update the 3D glasses won't pair.

I have tried checking the battery, trying a new pair of glasses, switching bluetooth on and off... does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

Try turning the TV off at the wall wait for a few minutes, have your glasses ready.

Turn the TV on then turn on your glasses they should register almost immediately, I managed to register 2 pairs together, make sure the glasses are a couple not getaway from the tv

Legger__
New

fnally i found your post and it helped me so much that even samsung customer support coulndt help me with thank you so much for this post your a lifesaver! p.s this is for the guy above burlyson

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
burlyson

Your very welcome 

Sent from Samsung Mobile