Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with applying firmware to KDL-55W756C

SOLVED
Haradrim
Explorer

Problem with applying firmware to KDL-55W756C

Hello everyone

I bought yesterday a TV KDL-55W756C and want to upgrade to new firmware v2.637, but nothing is doing when I insert USB to TV(still running TV programm, also shows USB is inserted-choose music video picture), I tryed everything like some tips from this forum with two files (one original name of firmware and second file name upgrade_uploader.pkg)-but nothing.

Has anyone some tips how to solve it? or waiting until 25.december when it will be released.

Second question if PVR mode (recording tv and timeshift) will be available? (formating HDD ...)

And last how to correctly pull out USB stick without damaging him (I cannot find in menu or setup how to unpower this usb)

thank you for answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Haradrim
Explorer

So now its working after NTFS formating of USB stick and when the TV was turned off I inserted USB and actualization started

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm thar you are following the instructions exactly.  Especially the part of copying the folder/files to a USB drive.  Must be exact.

DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE

Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the internet and save it to a USB stick

1. Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file.
  2. When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 1,242,169,478 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
  3. Open Windows explorer, locate the downloaded file sony_tvupdate_2015_2623_eua_auth.zip, and unzip it.
  4. A folder called sony_tvupdate_2015_2623_eua_auth will now be created in your local drive, and inside this folder you will find the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg)
  5. Copy or drag & drop the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg) to the root of your USB device

INSTALL THE UPDATE

Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.

The process can take up to 30 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.

1. Turn on the TV
  2. Insert your USB device containing the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg) into the USB slot of the TV set
  3. A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions
  4. The update will start and a white Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV, and the Update icon will appear on the TV screen - Do not remove the USB or turn off the TV.
  5. After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update and a confirmation message is displayed on the TV set. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
  6. After the TV turn back on, remove your USB device from the USB slot
Haradrim
Explorer

Hi

Yes I did it everything but nothing, Iam going to formating USB (ntfs) if nothing,than I try another USB stick.

than I will let you know

Haradrim
Explorer

So now its working after NTFS formating of USB stick and when the TV was turned off I inserted USB and actualization started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, glad you've managed to get it working.  Just note that its takes awhile to update, like more than 30 mins.

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

I have made the last firmware update, the one from 17 February, an after then, when I want to do a factory reset, the TV remain in a repetitive scene: choose you language, connect to the network, choose your language, connect to network. And this is repeating and repeating over and over again.

Can I reinstall the last firmware update? When I try to do that the TV inform me that the software is up to date.

Can I do a firmware downgrade?

If that helps, I put in attachment all that I founded and tried for make TV to work again, but it did not. But I can not find how to attach a word document. Sorry!

I wish you all the best!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cyborg67

I have sent you a private message.  Can you see if those instructions work for you?

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

Hy!

I read your message and I tried what said there. It is not working. I also sent you a private message and there you can see all that I find and I tried on my TV.

By and have a nice day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cyborg67

I have escalated your problem to Sony Support as therevis nothing more i can suggest.  They should be in contact with you sometime this week.

Thank you

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

Thanks! I look forward to the response from Sony!