Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with KD 55 XE83

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Problem with KD 55 XE83

UhCan anybody please advise me if there is a known problem with this particular model as I am now on my third one in a month,the first turned itself off and would only flash red repeatedly several times,the replacement had Nast light bleed in the bottom right hand corner so that went back and today I got delivered my third one,after setting it up I noticed the same light bleed ,although arguably worse in exactly the same place.

My retailer is going to look at the last set and compare it to this one but to be honest I am starting to loose Faith in Sony.IMG_20171014_005114_hdr.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Here is a shot that shows the issue clearer.IMG_20171014_010209_hdr.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Mike-J-N

I can see you haven't had much luck so far.

Out of interest which retailer is it?

I'm wondering if there was a problem with a particular batch they have in stock.

I know how you feel, I was once delivered 

four Samsung TV's from Currys that were all faulty, one even had a hole in the case!

I then switched to a Bravia :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Yes,it's doing my head in now,it's a local retailer down here in Devon and they are very helpful,however they have set up my last tv in their tv room and say they are unable to see the issue,I have assured them its there and mostly visible at night when natural light has gone and it is hard to see in a artificially darkened room,I've told them my new tv has the exact same problem and sent them the picture I posted on here last night.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Would they stay a bit later in the shop and then check it with no natural light or store lights on?

If they still cant see it then I wonder if they can set it up in your home one evening and check it with you?

Hopefully they will sort it out for you :fingers_crossed:

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Over the phone the manager downright refused to admit to seeing anything,I then sent him the photos I posted and he admitted he had been looking at the tv from above,we agreed that he should look at it straight on,eyebrow level in the centre of the screen etc,I also pointed out a darkened room isn't the same as watching a film at 10:30pm in the natural 'light' ,he has conceded and is sending the pics off Monday morning suspecting a dodgy batch of August 2017 produced Bravias.I await his call on Monday.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

To be sure I understood, are you talking about the brighter bottom right corner? If so I had a similar issue, and I could fix at least the one on the top right just applying some pressure on the corner (one hand in the middle and one on the top), like to "straighten" the display.

For the lower corners some people suggest to slightly loose the screws in the bottom. But I never tried it because I am not sure is that voids the warranty. Still I could fix it a bit applying some pressure there as well. I am afraid it't physical issue, if the display isn't perfectly straight the light gets "squeezed". But true, it can get very annoying watching the TV in a dark room.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hiya

I do NOT recommend people apply pressure to any part of their Bravias :wink:

(Especially on a brand new, in warranty / refundable TV set)

The rule of thumb with any product in warranty is always DON'T TOUCH THE SCREWS :wink:

While in some cases it may not affect your warranty, if there are any problems experienced after loosening / removing screws then it will definately void it.

@Mike-J-N it worries me that the retailer didn't even check all angles of viewing.

I wonder if its worth you getting a refund and visiting a different retailer?

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Well,it is certainly unlikely that I will be getting a swap again,even the manager said I should go for another model.They are very helpful to be honest but they want to investigate the fault so they can contact Sony regarding a bad shipment of tv's.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

I have just been into the shop and the manager said their Sony rep recommended going for the xe900 series as the one I have will all have the issue due to Sony scrimping on their led positioning,unfortunately I cannot justify spending £1300 on a tv,I expect more for the meagre £900 of my hard earned cash so I've decided to go for a LG.