Join now - be part of our community!

Satellite Tuning on Sony KD-49XF8577 using 1 LNB/1 satellite cable to get Max FREE to Air channels

profile.country.GB.title
SunnySonyDevices
Explorer

Satellite Tuning on Sony KD-49XF8577 using 1 LNB/1 satellite cable to get Max FREE to Air channels

I have screwed one satellite cable from 1 LNB from the Satellite Dish  into the main satellite screw terminal on the Sony KD-49XF8577 Televison. ( The other cable is still plugged into my SKY HD Box - without subscription - for free channels -  as I still want to keep that facility )

In the Digital tuning part of the TV settings menu, I have configured it so the TV knows there is ONLY 1 cable screwed into the TV.

In the configuration there is only 1 satellite set

Satellite 1       Astra2 28.2 E, Eurobird 28.5E.        On        DiSEqC Control Disabled

The remaining Three are blank, well they have   ******************************

QUESTION ??- Does this mean if There is only one LNB/cable connected, there will be only be the line above with Astra2 28.2 E, Eurobird 28.5E. on it and the remaining options for Satellite 2, 3 and 4 will be blanked out?? Or can I manually choose another 3 satellites ?

I also noticed in the setting, there are a number of satellites mentioned, including:

Hotbird 13.0 E

Astra1   19.2 E

Astra3 23.5 E

Which are the the 4 satelites for the UK that give one maximum channels?

I just wanted to know the specific settings that need to be used to configure the satellites ? with things like, to LNB Configuration and set DiSEqC Control to A or B or C or D etc;  LNB Voltage and/or DiSEqC control in LNB configuration or polarization in Transponder settings etc

I notice the SIGNAL Strength and Signal Quality are full bars only for 1 satellite, the other 3 names I listed aboove have no signal strength and quality at all.

I would like to run a fresh scan to get all available FREE TO AIR / VIEW  radio and tv channels for England (UK)

Really appreciate your collative help with this so that I can maxamise my FREE satellite CHANNELS.

Many Thanks

PS - I do not wish to do a master reset and start from scratch again as I have finally got everything else working just right, the satellite is the only issue.

PPS- I have the Sony Channel Editor on my Computer to reorganise the Digital and satellite channles, which works very well. I Recommend you all get it , if you have not already.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

It depends on your satellite antenna configuration. If you have a multi feed LNB that is adjusted to various satellites you can enter these satellites to the satellite list.

Here's a guide for setting up satellite tuning:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/satellite-tuning-guide-for-sony-tvs/ba-...

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
SunnySonyDevices
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thank you for you response.

I have the link for the tuning

My Question is about a specific element.

My Satellite dish is fitted with a Quad LNB which was solely setup for SKY satellite broadcast purposes and the 4 cables for the Quad LNB were rooted to different parts of the house dependant on which room I wanted to use it in.

For the moment, I am using a single cable form the satellite dish which is screwed into the TV main satellite socket.

So based on this single cable , I wanted to know whether I could populate the list with 4 separate satellites such as Hotbird, Astra1, Astra 3, Eurosat  etc and then run a scan.

If the answer is yes, what configurations do I use for each of the additional satellites so that the scan picks up their channels

Thanks

Sunny

profile.country.GB.title
Netherhurst
Explorer

I have tried the Sony Channel Editor on my KD55 A1, the problem I'm encountering is that after downloading my list from the TV onto the USB stick my iMac pc will not recognise the format therefore no been able to read it 

profile.country.GB.title
SunnySonyDevices
Explorer

Hello.

I have a Windows 10 PC and it works well, I do not know anything about iMac's unfortunately, sorry.

But for those of you who want to use this with Windows, this is what I found:-

The TV backup creates a file a called " xdb.xml ",   which is downloaded onto the usb stick attached to the TV.

On my Windows 10 Pc,  I open the Channel TV editor and click on File, Load Channel List, I then Select the usb stick, click on xdb.xml and press open.

The Channel TV Editor screen is populated with Terrestrial and Cable Channels as well as Satellite channels.

I delete all the blank numbers with no channels details next to them. If you want to do a consecutive block deletion, press down the shift arrow key, click the first channel you want to delete , whilst still pressed, click the last item in your block, the block will be highlighted, then press delete and the channels are removed. Go right the way through the channels lists. There is unfortunately no Button to save the files as you go along. So , for example , if I am deleting items from the the "SATTELITE" list, I click the TERR/CABLE button, I get the save or discard option. It works ok ( Perhaps SONY can add a save button ).

Once all the unwanted files are removed, you can organise the order of the channels.

You simply click on the channel you want to move, whist the mouse button is still pressed, move the cursor to the position you want the channel to be and let go of the mouse button.

the Channel now moves to that desired position.

Once you have done them all and are happy with the list order you can save the List.

On the top left corner of the screen, click on File, save channel list.

This will overite your previous list.

Take this usb stick back to the Televisoon and download the list.

The Televison should Reboot to update the TV with the new list of channels in your chosen order.

(If the TV does not reboot, do it manually).

Hope this help those of you with Windows 10 Pc or Laptop.