Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
davewaite

All seems to be quiet on this subject. I'm worried about this..they are coming round soon to change the board in the tv but if this is a software bug which it seems..why are they replacing a board when it won't solve the problem. It's crazy and appears that Sony don't have a clue..in my last conversation with them yesterday they promised to email me back which they failed to do..looks like we're going to be stuck with this bloody pop up when watching all 3D over Christmas 😞

mgelder
Explorer

I have informed Trading Standards awaiting reply as Sony UK will not honour the insurance I   have on the set they just gave me the run around,  set needs returning as not fit for purpose. I have this set because they could not fix my previous Sony HD set which blew the motherboard. M J Geldard
banus01
Explorer

i am glad that sony are aware of this problem from diferent sources - i wil let you know solution they propose to me tomorrow

i bought mine from john lewis and will ask them to deal with this if no joy from sony

frankie1g

Let's hope all the new boards that are being replaced have bigger processors and memory otherwise it's a waste of time Sent from my Samsung device
mgelder
Explorer

HiHow did you get them to replace the motherboard , they just ignore my calls to get them to fix this under the insurance I have. M J Geldard
imant64

Been watching this a while now and thought I would also logged the same issue in this thread.

TV: Sony KDL-43W805C (Build: SVPDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S95 2.623)

Bluray: Sony BDP-S5500

As the rest have reported repeated "Screen Format: Full" messages when playing back 3D blurays.  Problem only started after update to this build.

Based on my reading of threads above we are lead to beleive Sony are aware of the problem, they can reproduce it and we HOPE they will issue a new software build soon to correct.

That aside, does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware on the TV, I assume it can be done via USB, but where can we find the update file ... if indeed you can downgrade.

Secondly, I bought this via John Lewis with their extended warranty ony a few month back. I assume I can contact them express the issue and poentially asked for an exchange as this is no longer fit for purpose. They may push back and say it a Sony issue but having read above I am not sure what Sony can or are willing to do.

This, as others have said, is totally unacceptable and needs addressing.

Edit: Just logged a call with Sony, might not come to anything, but the more we log the slighty higher chance we have of them doing something about this.

Conor007
Explorer

Hi all, 

During my last correspondence with Mr. De Pauw he mentioned that he isn't aware of this problem and redirected me to the generic support site. 

For those of you considering swapping your TV's, his contact details are included in the apology letter. 

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

Maybe they could share their defect list showing relative priorities for fixes by business severity. Suspect this is not that high up the list.

I had it yesterday when i first tested my 3d function via ps3. Its intermittent for me though and just comes up periodically, then disappears again.

Not sure i would return my tv over it but i'd still want a fix.

profile.country.GB.title
Wrenny1969

Did you mail him a link to this forum? Be good for him to plug into the voice of the customer.

imant64

I managed to get an email out to Mr. De Pauw before Sony jumped on here and removed his email address. from the post above. I shared with him this forum, this thread, my  post, my just opened Sony ticket number etc etc.

Interesting how Sony can jumped on here to edit a lot quicker than they can respond to and acknowledge a problem.