Join now - be part of our community!

TV 65XG9505

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinebdale
Explorer

TV 65XG9505

My TV has e search mode used by pressing a microphone on the remote and speaking which is great and very useful but it can activate without me touching it and it gives me random searches which interrupts my viewing anyone else have this problem and how is it fixed

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your tv has also an integrated microphone so you can send command without touching the remote. It is a feature not a problem. And can be de-activated

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinebdale
Explorer

how do I deactiveate
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Someone used to say "user manual is your best friend"

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/gaep2/v1/en/01-08_02.html

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinebdale
Explorer

I know all about the google play button and it is turned off on my TV the problem is the feature where you push the mic button on the remote to search .It goes off by itself if there is loud noise on the TV so in the middle of a program the search for you tube comes up without me pressing the button to use the mic

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinebdale
Explorer

how is the mic button on the remote deactivated it is not the google mic that is the the problem

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Probably I didn't understand what your problem is... I just advised (but you say you already know it) that your TV has a built in microphone on the TV itself that doesn't need the remote button to be activated. If that is already off your problem may be different

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Kevinebdale 

Wiggle the button on the remote. Make sure it’s not stuck down with something like biscuit crumbs or gorilla snot.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

The "Button" on the remote is not a button it's the remote's microphone.

Disable it in settings.

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinebdale
Explorer

checked no snot