Join now - be part of our community!

Connected Devices on KDL55w905

richardjackson
Explorer

Connected Devices on KDL55w905

Hi,

I have a KDL55w905 and had it hooked up to my home network and I could see the name of my PC listed in the Connected Devices section of the Home menu. I have since installed a STRDN1050 receiver and S7200 Blue ray player and cannot now see my PC listed in the Connected Devices.

I have turned off the receiver and Blue ray player in an attempt to get back to where I was previously but the name of the PC is still not showing in the list of Connected Devices.

Can someone help with my dliemna?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

This sounds more like an issue with the PC to be honest.  Check that your DNLA Server software is working correctly, otherwise the TV and other equipment will not be able to pickup your PC.

Cheers

richardjackson
Explorer

Hi,

It seems that a PC reboot and a reboot of my router resolved the issue and I can now see my PC in the Connected Devices area of my TV.

One further issue that I now seem to have hit is that if I select my PC from the Connected Devices section of theHome menu, I can only select Video or Photo and not Music. Similarly if I use the Media Player application and select Music option, I can't see my PC listed as a device, whereas if I select either Video or Photo option, I can see my PC listed as a device.

any ideas?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On you PC, whichever software you are using as a DLNA server, ensure that you have a shared your music folder and it is activated.

Unfortuantely without knowing what software you are using its hard to know.

Cheers