Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 42W706B poor motion handling

avfann02
Explorer

KDL 42W706B poor motion handling

Far too much blur and judder. Is there anything that can be done about it. The LED Motion feature is completely useless because it darkens the picture to a ridiculous extent.

Why can't Sony have something similar to LG's excellent TruMotion on all their TVs, which is adjustable and causes virtually no darkening? Even on LG's entry level 42LB580V Smart TV motion is much better than the Sony, and the LG is only 50Hz.

2 REPLIES 2
avfann02
Explorer

As i've received no response then I shall share the results of my own, very disappointing, findings.

As I've said, the only way to reduce the, in my opnion, unacceptable levels of blur and judder, is to enable LED MOTION (MotionFlow), but this makes the picture so dark as to render it unusable, so you're left with no motion processing at all. It's only when you reach the dizzy heights of the Sony KDL50W829 that MotionFlow can be configured for good results.

LG are able to include the highly effective and configurable TruMotion processor on their entry level TVs, so it's a disgrace that Sony don't provide something similar on this more expensive one. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried to change scene selection? Setting it to sport should enable more motion handling.