Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W815 Wifi dropping off

paulc84
Explorer

KDL50W815 Wifi dropping off

Hi, i have noticed whilst watching Netflix (the only time i use the internet through my TV) that the connection randomly drops off. It remains absolutely fine with all other devices in my house, and there doesn't appear to be a link or timescale for the cut-off (it has been fine for hours, then may go twice in 10 minutes)

When i check the status it still says 'connected to wifi' (all appas etc. disappear) but if i try and refresh content it then comes up with an error telling me it's unavailable...

Has anyone experienced a similar fault, could this be a faulty wifi receiver?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi,

Just a thought but have you tried another device as close to the position of the TV as possible to rule out a weak spot in the signal. I presume that you are using wifi from a router. If that is inconclusive then if possible you could try moving the TV closer to the router.

If you did find an issue then you could try a wifi repeater placed between the TV and router.

Obviously this may not be the issue at all but it is worth considering as a bit of troubleshooting.

Good luck.

Nish_summan
Explorer

Have the same problem after 10 - 15 minutes my wifi will just stop working on 3 sony tvs, 1 x w905 2x w653a.

all other devices work fine when one of the TV stops working.

The wifi status on the TV has no signals at all, including neighbours wifi, which usually shows up when wifi is working. I suspect this is related to the Firmware upgrade from Feb.

work around it to use WIRED or unplug power from the TV.