Join now - be part of our community!

disk space for ipod tunes

profile.country.en_GB.title
mahumme95
Visitor

disk space for ipod tunes

Hi, I have recently bought a 60gb ipod and have been transferring tunes to itunes on my c: drive. This drive is now full as the 60gb HDD is split 30gb on c: and d: drives (d: is empty). I have tried to cut and paste all documents and settings (includes itunes) to d: drive but it won't let me. I have also been told there is a way of changing the disk volumes for c: and d: drive but can't find anything. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
kee-lo_

Manifique

Glad to hear it worked

GazzaBloom
Visitor

thanks for all the replies;
Kee-lo: using iTunes method (drag to new area) it copied all the files rather than move them, then i had to delete existing files. I have also lost about 50cds worth but the deleted files were deleted as too big for recycle bin. I should have waited for Rich and followed his method. I should still have the cds on DVD backup though.
GazzaBloom: My thoughts were heading this way as got a 60gb iPod and only 60gb HDD. Saves all the repartioning problems i will have and/or getting a new IHDD (if it is possible).
Any makes to look for and makes to stay clear of?

I use the Maxtor 300GB Shared Storage+ see www.maxtor.com (follow products link to network storage for details.

he product is solid sturdy and reliable.

Gazza

kee-lo_

Wish I'd saved the extra £50 for it