Join now - be part of our community!

Is is it just Vaio owners or all Europeans being ripped off?

Redrose
Visitor

Is is it just Vaio owners or all Europeans being ripped off?

Just check these 2 links out. I don't think I need say anymore, apart from "What the **** is going on?"
Is this the thanks we get for buying a Sony product?

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat1/ec_MAIN.Entry10?V1=617236&PN=1&SP=10023&xid=48405&CID=0&DSP=&CU...

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat3/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=154669&SID=37771&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=590246&...

11 REPLIES 11
willuk
Visitor

Hello,

i'm sure symantec have something to do with there pricing structures for there software. But I agree prices for software licenses tend to be a lot higher for europe compared to the USA. This has always baffled me as surely it costs no more to distribute licenses to europe. I think this should be reviewed by trading standards, or someone from such companys should at least make a good reason and point to why theres a price difference.

Will.
------
I'll keep it short and sweet. family. religion. friendship. these are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. - Montgomery Burns.
------

TygerTyger
Visitor

Ouch that really is quite shocked I'd like to hear Symantec justify that. But what does it have to do with buying a Vaio? Those are their standard prices for anyone. The smart thing to do would be to try and buy the download from the US site in dollars if you can.

Redrose
Visitor

What does it have to do with buying a Vaio? Easy - when I followed the links on the HELP menu in the pre-loaded Sysmantec softwware I ended up on the Sony-special Symantec web site. Anyone who isn't a little more web-savvy would be charged the price asked of those poor saps who simply did what they were led to do.
This is a cynical plot by Sony & Symantec tp overcharge people who bought a Sony computer. I am extremely disappointed in Sony - Symantec and I would like to know how to publicise this greedy and cowardly act. Why cowardly? Because they wouldn't dare do it to the Americans, that's why.

Psaila
Visitor

Third Party Software ( FORUM )

Would Be The Place For This Item ,

But I have read this Item and feel the same as REDROSE ,

" Unless you look you will never know ....... "

I have to add here ,

My Nice Sony Stockist.

Sold Me The Item at just £25.00 when I got My PCV-PW1 , Now that was the problem solved before It Even Started .

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I suggest buying this item from Amazon.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Without being too Anti-Sony the prices on their official sites are a disgrace in most areas anyway.
But even so the pricing is down to Symantec, not Sony. Both are equally bad from the looks of things, I worked out the prices into uk pounds and the US site charges just under half of the European one for the same thing.

kee-lo_

We always get a raw deal in the UK on stuff.

TygerTyger
Visitor

The prices are for all of Europe not the UK.

kee-lo_

Ah I see.
Still if you can get the upgrade it's not a bad price.