Join now - be part of our community!

'MATSHITA UJ840D'

helenjamc
Visitor

'MATSHITA UJ840D'

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.

I have loaded the update of the driver as requested by vaio and now my dvd/cd drive is now not working at all and it was previously.

I have done everything it said by the letter, even tried again and it says
"F/W loader does not apply to the DVD/CDR-W that you are using press exit to continue"
So then I press exit and it closes down. This happens wether you have the drawer open or closed.

I have tried going to device manager and unistalling and reinstalling through installing hardware and it says there was a problem and to go through troubleshooting which I did and it doesn't answer any questions at all as it says to go through the updates which I have already done!!

Can anyone help me? Hope so!!
If not can you suggest someone else to contact?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Is the drive no longer recognised by Windows or is it failing to read/write any media?

It is a crying shame that recent optical drive firmware updates seem to cause more problems than they solve:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
helenjamc
Visitor

Hi Rich912
Thanks for the response. The answer is both! When you look at the devices it has a warning triangle and exclamation mark and when you put a cd in nothing happens!
:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi helenjamc,

If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 19, 31, 32, 37 or 39 then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding, have a look here if you are unfamiliar with this.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Depressing the amount of optical drive issues we see here everyday.

Hope yours gets sorted

helenjamc
Visitor

Hi rich912
Thanks for that I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.
Helen

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Best of luck with that!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
helenjamc
Visitor

Hi Rich
Just to let you know that worked a treat!!
I will steer clear away from the updates from now on - or at least look in here first! :laughing:
Thanks for your help
Helen

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi helenjamc,

That's good news! :slight_smile:
Sony really do need to sort out their act when it comes to updates!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat