NULL

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer

NULL

5 REPLIES 5
TygerTyger
Visitor

I'd hold out if you can, the new ones aren't on the Sony site yet but it does no harm to check. They did exactly the same with the K series, updated the name but only changed one thing....the screen is now a "WXPH" type, although what that means I couldn't find out anywhere. Since they haven't updated any of the other componants at all, it strikes me as an attempt to market older laptops under a newer name. Unless the new screen type is wildy exciting (if it is you would think somewhere would say what the difference is) then really the old name is as good as the new.

jamieholo
Visitor

Gish_X - There is a pdf file available under the "press" section of the sony.co.uk website that contains hardware specifications for the new A200 series. Here is a direct link to the pdf file:

http://tinyurl.com/3oxtk

Only a few changes have been made; as far as I can tell the main differences between the A215Z and A115Z you are interested in, is the new dual layer dvd drive and windows service pack 2 (which can of course be downloaded for free anyway)

TygerTyger - "WXPH" listed on laptopsetc.co.uk is not a new screen type, it just indicates that XP Home edition is installed.

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer

TygerTyger
Visitor

Mmm good call. I guess a dual layer DVD writer could be worth £100 to a person who needed it. I take it back :smileygrin:

ZyRaIN
Visitor

Hi there,

I dont know the exact differnce between the two, just know that when I was going to buy my 115z I was told that it wasent avalible anymore , and I had to wait about 6 - 8 weeks before there would be any new in these series and they would then be called A2xx and would have a 2ghz centrino and the dual layer dvd burner, but then he offered me this A117s with a good discount so I bought it:)