Join now - be part of our community!

Programs; Crashing after Hibernation or when left dormant

Piskie
Visitor

Programs; Crashing after Hibernation or when left dormant

Ona brand new Vaio VGC-3VS -

If left in hibernation mode and even when left on and not in use for any period of time - I return to find programs have stopped responding (normally IE but now Outlook as well). If I go to end the program, it is able to send an error report but never able to actaully close/end the program. All other programs remain functioning except the one in question and the only way to resolve it is to turn the pc on/off. If I try to shut down or restart in the proper way start/turn off computer - every other program becomes redundant (as pc says it is trying to shut down) but isnt physcially able to because it cant shut down the program that has crashed....

ANy ideas anyone? Has anyone expereienced this before..?

Thanks

Em

3 REPLIES 3
Exinferis
Visitor

This is a really funny thing. I had this happen on my laptop when it was new. It was really strange. I got so fed up with it that I just turned it off! It's just as simple to set power saving options to turn the monitor off after a few minutes.

However, considering your lack of paperwork and now this problem, are you sure that the PC you bought from the Sony Centre was brand new and not an ex-display model? I only ask, because I bought an ex-display laptop a few years back and had no end of problems with it! Mind you, it was replaced with a newer model, so I was quite happy about it! :smileygrin:

But, if they sold you an ex-display model and not a new one you've got every right to demand a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There have been a number of recent posts reporting programs failing to respond after waking from hibernation with this model. I suggest that you open a case with support, as the more reports they get the greater the likelihood is that a fix will be produced.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Piskie
Visitor

thanks both of you for your feedback i will take this issue up with support and will also contact provider to ensure we werent sold an ex display model.