Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio FS395VP Update drives

colling
Visitor

Sony Vaio FS395VP Update drives

Hi,
Vaio Updates found a new firmware upgrade, but I can't install it. What am I doing wrong? (I'm not good at english...) I've installed the file and it is stored under Upgrades. Should I then just double-click the file to start the upgrade?? I am sure that my computer uses this optical drive.;
Below I've added the instructions for the upgrade

Important notes:

Only perform this firmware upgrade while your VAIO is connected to the mains
Do not terminate or interrupt the process manually as this could lead to damage to your optical drive
This firmware update solves issues regarding reading certain DVD-Discs
Please check in device manager if your VAIO is using the optical drive in question (MATSHITA UJ840D). Several optical drives can be used on a single VAIO model, only use this firmware update for the drive that it is intended for.

Installation procedure for firmware update for 'MATSHITA UJ840D' optical drive.

Download the file
Browse to the directory where you downloaded the file to.
Double Click KMFOPD-01111600-UN
Open the tray of your optical drive and click OK
Carefully read the guidelines, make sure to follow them and click OK
Click "OK"
Please note that the entire process will take some time do not shut down your VAIO or manually terminate the upgrade process.
Click "EXIT"
Wait until the VAIO has exited completely from the update tool, once this has happened (return to desktop), then restart your VAIO manually

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Colling,

Welcome to the Forum, :slight_smile:

I am sure that my computer uses this optical drive.;

Firstly to check if you have the 'MATSHITA UJ840D' optical drive right click my computer, then properties, click the hardware tab, then device manager, then DVD/CD rom drives, you should then see what drive you have.

Then follow the instructions that you posted

Browse to the directory where you downloaded the file to.

This will probably be on the C: drive in a drivers folder
Double Click KMFOPD-01111600-UN 
Open the tray of your optical drive and click OK
Carefully read the guidelines, make sure to follow them and click OK
Click "OK"
Please note that the entire process will take some time do not shut down your VAIO or manually terminate the upgrade process.
Click "EXIT"
Wait until the VAIO has exited completely from the update tool, once this has happened (return to desktop), then restart your VAIO manually

helenjamc
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

I wonder if you can help me?
I have a similar problem to the previous person. I have loaded the update and now my dvd/cd drive is not working at all.

I have done everything it said by the letter, even tried again and it says
"F/W loader does not apply to the DVD/CDR-W that you are using press exit to continue"
So then I press exit and it closes down.

I have tried going to device manager and unistalling and reinstalling through installing hardware and it says there was a problem and to go through troubleshooting which I did and it doesn't answer any questions at all as it says to go through the updates which I have already done!!

Can you help at all? Hope so!!
If not can you suggest someone else to contact?

Many thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
Helen

helenjamc
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

I wonder if you can help me?
I have a similar problem to the previous person. I have loaded the update and now my dvd/cd drive is not working at all.

I have done everything it said by the letter, even tried again and it says
"F/W loader does not apply to the DVD/CDR-W that you are using press exit to continue"
So then I press exit and it closes down.

I have tried going to device manager and unistalling and reinstalling through installing hardware and it says there was a problem and to go through troubleshooting which I did and it doesn't answer any questions at all as it says to go through the updates which I have already done!!

Can you help at all? Hope so!!
If not can you suggest someone else to contact?

Many thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
Helen

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You know the saying "if it aint broke then don't fix it", I think it applies here

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You know the saying "if it aint broke then don't fix it", I think it applies here

I agree, especially as these firmware update seem to be causing problems, hopefully colling won't be posting later stating his drive is now not working

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi helenjamc,

I see that Rich912 has answered your question in another thread. Hope everythings ok now. :slight_smile: