Join now - be part of our community!

Switching voltage on power supply for RZ322

GoonerUSA
Visitor

Switching voltage on power supply for RZ322

Hi,

I've just moved to the United States with my UK spec RZ322 and I am interested if anyone knows whether the internal PSU can be switched to 110v (there doesn't appear to be an external accessible switch as on my other PC) or whether I have to buy a new PSU.

If I need a new one, can I buy a generic one from the local computer store, or do I need to get hold of a specific one (I note that the 12v DC supply for thje speakers seems to be coming off the PSU).

Cheers,

Tristan

6 REPLIES 6
William
Visitor

Don't know the answer I am afraid, but these people may have the answer and a good place to source the power supply you may need:

http://p200.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony

Sony power supplies are a non standard size (surprise surprise :cry: )

William

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sony power supplies are a non standard size (surprise surprise :cry: )

I know, why do they have to be some damn akward?

GoonerUSA
Visitor

:slight_smile: Actually I have some good news - I popped the back off the computer to look at the PSU and was delighted to see that it had 100-240v listed on the side and no sign of a hardware switch anywhere on it.

So I took them at their word and plugged a US 110v cable into the back and, hey presto, it all worked fine. PSU must be an automatic software switching unit.

Therefore no problem - thought I'd post the followup in case anyone else has a similar inquiry. Thanks to those who posted help to my original request.

Tristan

kee-lo_

Yeah they usually have an auto switch depending on the power source.

William
Visitor

Thats great news, anything that saves money always is.

Well done Sony:smileygrin:

William

kee-lo_

Ingenious :clap: