Join now - be part of our community!

USB 1GB Flash Drive - Cannot see

workground
Visitor

USB 1GB Flash Drive - Cannot see

Having problems in seeing data on my USB flash Drive. On any other machine just plug into the USB socket and you can see all information on the drive but when i plug into the Sony CGN-S5XP/B i cannot see any info in My Compter why. When i look into the device manager it is there and working properly. It is a USB Disk 2.0. Any idea's?

Iain

6 REPLIES 6
William
Visitor

I had a similar problem when I connected my USB HDD to my desktop, despite it always showing up fine on my laptop.

The answer for me was to START/RUN/diskmgmt.msc and assign the offending drive a vacant drive letter.

Don't know why it needed that but afterwards it always appeared in "My Computer" whenever I plugged it in.

workground
Visitor

Brillint works a treat.

My USB drive had assigned itself a drive letter of G which was being taken up by a network drive. So changing the drive letter made he USB appear in my computer.

Thanks again.....

William
Visitor

Pleased its sorted for you :cool:

I was all set to take my External USB HDD enclosure back to the shop.:smileycry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Funny isn't it how WIndows can mis manage the drive associations

William
Visitor

Funny isn't it how WIndows can mis manage the drive associations

Well based on the sum of all probabilities and its predecessors I like XP :cool:

At one time i was extremely reluctant to give up DOS for Windows 3.0:smileysad:

I look forward to Bill's next Windows incarnation, it will be even better won't it ? :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Time will tell