Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO M1 and Keyboard Closure Problem

vaio-freak
Visitor

VAIO M1 and Keyboard Closure Problem

For those who own VAIO M1:
I have a question regarding the keyboard closure. For some strange reason when I close the keyboard, the SoundFlow application does not kick in! In the settings it is checked to start once the keyboard is closed. So I am trying to troubleshoot and find out what is wrong. When you close your keyboard, is there a click that needs to kinda confirm and activate the SoundFlow application? Could someone let me know if I am missing something here? Under the Device Manager, it lists 2 keyboards: HID compatible and Microsoft one. Could you guys check and see if you have the same settings there? I am trying to narrow it down and see if it is a hardware or software failure.
Thanks in advance!
Stan

1 REPLY 1
vaio-freak
Visitor

I figured it all out. It was a hardware problem. The little part that activates SoundFlow was not in place, so after 3 hours and dissembly, I was able to fix it. Now it is all good. It is amazing how they assemble and pack all the goodies in this M1 VAIO.
That application rocks! I really enjoy it. For some reason Sony does not include it on the recovery DVD as an option to reinstall. So I guess it was embedded in the IMG file, and one will need to do a full recovery of the C drive in order to get it back. Strange.......