Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FE11 = Europe, but what about Asia?

profile.country.en_GB.title
paramezzo
Visitor

VGN FE11 = Europe, but what about Asia?

Recently the LCD joint of my laptop broke down after about 3 years of service. The funny thing is the system is still working just fine. The problem is I can't close the LCD lid, so portability is no longer possible. People will laugh me out if I carry it on the street. I think the joint ihas suffered from metal fatigueness (is this spelled right?) also the plactic is cracked a little bit open on th joint. Right now I'm not trying to fix it, but I'm looking into buying a new one.

I'm seriously considering buying one of those FE11 series due to begin of February. Information about the FE11 series is scarce on the internet, but I found out there are at least 3 models H/M/S, though it depends which country you're in of course . I found the following specs for the FE11H (I don't know about the accuracy of the given specs, but I got my info from a Dutch Online computer store, most of the specs is self exploratory http://www.computerpirates.com/index.html?loadfile=itemvgn-fe11h.html

Specs for FE11H:
- Intel Core Duo Processor T2300 1.66 GHz
- 1024MB (2x512MB)
- 100 GB 5400rpm
- Double Layer DVD+/-RW
- X-Black Dual Lamp LCD 15.4" TFT 1280x800 WXGA 72%Truecolor
- 128MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with TurboCache
- Wireless LAN
- Windows XP Media Center
- Weight 2.9kg

The FE11M even has a built-in 'Motion Eye' webcam and Bluetooth. The FE11S has a faster CPU and bigger 160GB but slower 4200RPM HDD.

Here is a review from a French site for the ones interested http://www.presence-pc.com/tests/Portable-Sony-VAIO-FE11S-427

Starting at 1400euro, I think this has to be the best Vaio price/performance wise. Though I'm not buying one immediately, because next month I'm planning a trip to Asia HK. Price wise I think I can find much better prices in HK than here in The Netherlands, but the problem is that this series might be released in Asia since I can't find any info on the Asian Sony website or even the Japanese Sony websites.

My question is does anyone know if Sony have the FE series planned for Asia? If not I'll buy one after my trip to HK for sure

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
paramezzo
Visitor

Correction since I can't edit my post, I forgot one word :smileygrin:

but the problem is that this series might not be released in Asia since I can't find any info on the Asian Sony website or even the Japanese Sony websites.