johns58
Explorer

what down load enables the web cam in the vaio

help

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This will depend on which model Vaio you have.

Most recent Vaios do not have a driver download as the driver is part of the Windows installation.

However, most older Vaios do have a Camera Driver download.

Can't help further without more information.

:thinking:

johns58
Explorer

my model is supported from china vpceb100c(i cant seem to find the spec) one of the other member helped with a simalire model vpceb1a4ae and i downloaded the driver software but there is one base driver missing and the web cam is showing usb2 in device manager the programms i have tried for the webcam only show a blue screen or nothing

hope you can help i there is a esata connector on this iam wondering if this might be the missing base driver

thanks

john

johns58
Explorer

any help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As already explained in another of your threads, the webcam drivers for your model are included with the Windows operating system. With Windows 7 models the camera, in Device Manager, is reported as a USB2.0 Camera - under earlier models it was reported as Sony Visual Communication Camera.

The fact that it doesn't work correctly may possibly be a hardware problem, as opposed to software, as it is recognised correctly.

With regard to the 'Base Device' if you can provide the Hardware Id we may be able to narrow down the hardware - in Device Manager right click the device and select 'Properties' > Click the 'Details' tab and on the 'Properties' drop down menu select Hardware Ids. Let us know the 'Value'.

I can't guarantee that this will enable us to identify the device, or whether we will be able to point you to drivers, but it will be a start.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johns58
Explorer

sony1.png

johns58
Explorer

thanks Rich dont know if it is readable

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As suspected, this device (PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_9071104D) is the Ricoh memory card reader/writer. If you Google this device hardware id you will find drivers available but I recommend trying the drivers from a similar Vaio EU model on the Support site.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johns58
Explorer

though i would try it this way

this is the id for the missing base device

regards

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_9071104D&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_9071104D
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&CC_0880

johns58
Explorer

i tried the down load for VPCEB1A4E as you previously sujested but no joy

a question if i may do you know if a sony centre would have access to the files and build of my viao even though sony eu support doesnt

Memory Card Reader Writer Driver SD CPRM and the

Devices and Printers Ricoh Registry Patch