johns58
Explorer

what down load enables the web cam in the vaio

help

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I don't think any Sony Centre would have the recovery disks for your model.

There are other VPCEB series on the support site that you could try....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johns58
Explorer

there are a few i know and my decreasing hard drive space ashure's  me of that many driver's i have down loaded since i started this quest and without your assistance i would have failed indeed

the force is now stronger into another level to obtain the needed information even to obtain the spec from sony the empire so great would be helpfull but now cant let this go it is only a machine

the thread is viewed by many i hope it is helping all or even some to obtain there needs

thanking you dearly for your help

john

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,

If none of the Sony provided drivers will install for the memory card it may be that the Chinese models use a different hardware id for the same Ricoh hardware. Uncertain as to why they would do this but as the hardware id is embedded within the .inf file only those listed will install the driver. The .inf file can be edited to include your hardware id but as I can't guarantee this would be the correct driver I wouldn't recommend this.

Maybe it's time to try letting Windows search automatically (in Device Manager) for updated drivers for the device or try one of the search results of the hardware id that claims to offer compatible drivers - make sure you research the company offering drivers before downloading (in case of malware).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat