Join now - be part of our community!

Windows XP PRO

Nemo70
Visitor

Windows XP PRO

I have bought a VAIO VGN-A517B.Is it possible to install windows XP PRO without to create problems to softwares of my notebook?:smileyconfused: vifila@yahoo.it

4 REPLIES 4
JustTony
Visitor

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but if you mean can you upgrade from Home to Pro whilst retaining what you have on your hard drive, the answer's yes. I'm actually thinking about doing it myself, but I believe it's around £200 for the upgrade. :thinking:

William
Visitor

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but if you mean can you upgrade from Home to Pro whilst retaining what you have on your hard drive, the answer's yes. I'm actually thinking about doing it myself, but I believe it's around £200 for the upgrade. :thinking:

The cost was a factor I had never considered when reading the numerous posts about a Home to Pro upgrade path.

I suspect that the majority don't incur the cost of actually buying a copy of XP Pro and "Somehow" circumvent this little problem.

JustTony
Visitor

I suspect that the majority don't incur the cost of actually buying a copy of XP Pro and "Somehow" circumvent this little problem.

Yes. Quite :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The cost was a factor I had never considered when reading the numerous posts about a Home to Pro upgrade path.

:anguished: How can this be:smileyconfused: