Join now - be part of our community!

BKB50 Keyboard Problems

philr
Visitor

BKB50 Keyboard Problems

Hi Guys

Had the Z4 tablet for few days which is working brilliantly and im loving it, but the BKB50 keyboard that came with it doesn't work.

Ive have paired and connected the kekeyboard via both NFC and Bluetooth, and it will connect for a few seconds and let me type about 3 letters or use mouse for few seconds before it disconnects then it will not reconnect until I unpair and pair it again only for same thing to happen again.

I have tried the keyboard with several different devices and the same thing continues to happpen.

Anybody had this issue?

Also does the power button do anything? As I am unable to turn the keyboard off and the white light continues to flash in random blinks. I left it overnight it unconnected overnight but is still flashing now.

I have tried, long presses, short presses, individual button, both Bluetooth and power button together and pressing mouse and normal keys and still cannot get it to stop or change its blinking.

Im positive the tablet is OK as paired other devices to test ans all worked perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
35 REPLIES 35
Olly37
Visitor

I also have this problem - the track pad works, but can't get the keys to work either. I've tried resetting it and the tablet, so I think it's an update issue.  Hopefully this can be sorted soon. Anyone else have this issue? 

maytestarkey
Visitor

I also have the same problem. My keyboard worked perfectly until I updated my Z4 tablet. Help?

Olly37
Visitor

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem.

I tried to reset the keyboard, the tablet, everything. I did a factory reinstall on the tablet too, but nothing. I connected the keyboard to my phone, and again the touchpad worked but not the keys. I tried to find a way to roll back the driver on the keyboard, but couldn't see an obvious method.

After speaking to Sony's tech support, I've sent it to them to fix. I'm sure it's a software issue, but they couldn't sort it remotely, so hopefully they'll sort it.

Good luck,

Olly

Noguiyuki
Visitor

Did you get it solved?

My Xperia had the same problem, i made a factory reset before sending it to Sony Repair Service, with no result. The note says they made a software update, off course after factory reset, and the guy at the store test it for one day without problems, but after getting it home and reinstalling everything the problem appeared again.... I am fed up about this. It worked perfectly during one year, and suddenly, software update and everything went wrong.

Anyone of you got it solved?

Thanks

pierro78
Visitor

could nt reconnect my bkb50 although it was paired

noticed I was in flight mode (my bluetooth and wifi were on though), disabled flight mode and could reconnect my bkb50 again ! happy again ! Slightly_smiling_Face

rodrigoromeroc
Visitor

• Press and hold down the pair key and, at the same time, slide the power switch downwards and keep it in the down position for 3 seconds.

Then connect to bluethooth again.