Join now - be part of our community!

BKB50 Keyboard - use different layout

LOP75
Visitor

BKB50 Keyboard - use different layout

Hello all - I have an Xperia Z4 Tablet which was bought in France, and which came with the idiotic AZERTY layout that only the French use.

I know I can configure (through the in-tablet options) the keyboard layout to be changed to other locales. Indeed, SOME keys do change (namely, for accents, accented letters and such).

However, no matter which layout I select, the letter keys remain ALWAYS UNCHANGED.

Anyone can report the same behaviour? Is there any way to change this, or will I have to wait for a firmware update from Sony (that will probably never happen)?

Any laptop keyboard, no matter which physical configuration, can be set to use a certain layout that will "remap" keys to this particular layout - thus making AZERTY (or QWERTZ) into QWERTY. Why can't this happen here as well???

In advance, thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Zer0Kule
Visitor

I was having the exact same problem as you. I don't know if you fixed it yet, but I did a bit of digging and found a solution . The app "External Keyboard Helper" can remap keys to whichever setup you'd like. You may have to go through manually and adjust your keys in the app like I did. In a few minutes I changed my QWERTZ setup into a QWERTY. I hope this helps!

Peeveb4
Visitor

Try downloading a third-party keyboard from the Play Store. I like the Android keyboard myself although SwiftKey is very popular with many other users.

Noemike
Visitor

I had this problem, but your's advice solve my problem. Thanks a lot Slightly_smiling_Face