Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not supported

SOLVED
missdoodle111
Visitor

Headphones not supported

Everytime I plug my earphones into my phone or Sony Z4 tablet, I get a message saying the headset is unsupported. I've tried disabling smart connect and resetting my stuff but I've had no luck. I'm thinking it's something to do with the system because it's both devices that it's not working with. They did work in both devices a couple days ago but I'm not sure what to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

From product description
" In-line patent "S/N" button design, allow to switch to compatible different devices. "S" for CITA 3.5mm jack (iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony,Blackberry,Nexus etc) "N" for OMTP3.5mm jack(Nokia)"

I guarantee, that switch is what's causing the issue. Whether it's the optimisation getting errors or the connection is not great on the switch connectors. Something on it is causing detection errors

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Which headphones are you trying to connect?
missdoodle111
Visitor

BYZ SE570 earphones
They work on non-xperia devices and did work on both my tablet and phone for a while
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

From product description
" In-line patent "S/N" button design, allow to switch to compatible different devices. "S" for CITA 3.5mm jack (iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony,Blackberry,Nexus etc) "N" for OMTP3.5mm jack(Nokia)"

I guarantee, that switch is what's causing the issue. Whether it's the optimisation getting errors or the connection is not great on the switch connectors. Something on it is causing detection errors
missdoodle111
Visitor

Thank you! That worked and now I feel really silly... but seriously thank you so much!

Gabtin
Visitor

How you fix your problem regarding this issues thanl yoi